The only way to properly chronicle my last few weeks would be with a pic spam, and who really wants that? So I'll just say what an *amazing* time I've been having recently.
Not only have I been enjoying my job, which is awesome, I got to spend a weekend with gonturan
in Chicago, with anteka
as a surprise guest! Plus, Ainsley had her 7th Birthday party (omg, she's a third of the way to drinking!), and Jacqui and I got to see the Wings beat the Coyotes one night, then hear an awesome band the next. Quick highlights:
- Apparently, I bring a heat wave with me wherever I go. Though I packed a warm hoodie and trench coat, it hit into the 90s when I was in Chicago.
- Cookies are *aaawesome*.. but even more so when I abandon gonturan
to making them, while I watch the Wings game that Mr. Gonturan tivoed for me.
- The "Red Wings" for my Red Wings fairy costume did not turn out.. but there's still time. I managed a full costume with wings in time for Ainsley's party though.
- Jacqui and I are the same person, with the same thoughts.. and as such are able to create change. While at the game, she said, "C'mon Eurotwins" and after a few seconds we both said, "activate!" And then Datsyuk scored.
- Frightened Rabbit is an awesome band, with terrible t-shirts..
Okay, I should probably sleep now but a few random comments about friendship:
- Friends take you to the airport, real friends sit at your terminal with you until you board.. so you're not lonely.
- Real friends plan a birthday party for their kid on Saturday, but when they find out you have plans.. switch it to Friday.
- Real friends are sympathetic when you have a migrane at a Wings game, and don't feel upset when you're not up for ice cream afterwards.
I'm a very fortunate person to have awesome people in my life.